Specifications for Architects and Engineers
SpecGuy specializes in an extensive range of consulting capabilities for the architects and engineers of the construction industry, from specification consulting to technical consulting to web-based and in-house training.
SpecGuy helps architects and engineers achieve quality projects and satisfied clients by combining specification consulting with technical support to help design professionals produce superior projects. We provide:
- Project specification preparation
- Product selection research
- LEED® specification coordination
- Office master development and maintenance
- BIM keynote and object system development
We have extensive specification experience with K-12, college, and municipal projects, and with health care, hospitality, and retail/commercial mixed use projects.
Recent projects include:
- A LEED Gold high school in New Orleans
- An AIA COTE Top 10 LEED gold elementary school in Virginia
- GSA’s Division 01 General Requirements
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools’ facility standard specifications
- Veterans Administration’s Roofing System master updates
- MasterSpec® Division 00 library
SpecGuy is an ARCOM Strategic Partner. We utilize MasterSpec as a basis for our project and master specification work under license from ARCOM, publishers of MasterSpec.
Architect & Engineer Technical Consulting
Building Enclosure Issues: SpecGuy has extensive experience with building envelope details and specifications. We are active in the National Institute of Building Science’s BEC network, and have published articles related to building enclosure contract documents. We bring this expertise to all of our specifications projects.
Peer Reviews: Writing your own specifications? Improve your practice with our peer review of your specifications.
Good documents and good practices go hand in hand. SpecGuy brings web-based and in-house education programs and resources to your office that will increase your technical and practice quality and efficiency. Our programs comply with AIA/CES requirements for continuing education in health, safety, and welfare topics.
Construction Document Practices Training: Our courses help strengthen your construction document and contract administration practices, focusing on document quality, coordination, specification techniques, and contract enforcement.
Prepared courses include:
- A Walk Through the AIA A201
- Getting Submittals Right!
- Coordinating Drawings and Specifications
- Coordinating Architect and Engineer Specifications
- Specifying Moisture and Mold Control in New Construction
MasterSpec Training: SpecGuy is an Authorized MasterSpec Trainer. We bring years of practical experience to your office to help your staff get the most out of MasterSpec.
Contact SpecGuy today for expert specification and technical consulting services by calling (704) 367-1991 or submitting an inquiry via our web form.