Building Product Manufacturer Services
You’re the expert at creating your products. Designers select and specify your products. We help you communicate with architects and engineers. We call it Building Relationships through Education.
The Best Manufacturer Guide Specifications
SpecGuy can help you develop and utilize guide specifications to sell products. We write guide specifications and provide training and consulting support.
The better your guide spec, the more likely it will hold and result in a sale. SpecGuy creates custom guide specifications that accurately specify your product in a professional format that goes beyond industry standards; they help your architect and engineer clients coordinate their drawings and submittal reviews. They help hold your specifications.
Why Guide Specifications?
- Target your marketing objectives
- Comply with industry standard formats and best practices
- Help A/Es with our editing and drawing coordination notes
- Accurately represent LEED requirements
- Reduce poor quality substitutions
- Increase end sales
We can also provide U.S. Federal SpecsIntact and VA conversions for your guide specs.
SpecGuy product manufacturer projects include:
- Akzo Nobel: Guide specifications, product data sheets, and web site content
- Bradley Corporation: Guide specifications library and multiple AIA/CES programs
- Crestron Electronics: Integrated building technology guide specifications library
- DOW CORNING: Guide specifications library and SpecsIntact and VA conversions
- National Gypsum Company: NGC Construction Guide content
- CENTRIA: Metal roof and wall panel guide specifications library and SpecsIntact conversions
- Euclid Chemical Company: Product MasterSpec guide specifications
- Guardian SunGuard: Architectural representative support
- Rockwerx: Climbing wall guide specifications
- Sherwin-Williams Company: Product MasterSpec guide specifications
- Tremco, Inc. US and Canadian Product MasterSpec library
- Twin City Fans & Blowers: Guide specification library
Add Knowledgeable Representatives
Few people are born specifiers. Our training workshops and follow-up support help your representatives help architects and engineers.
Need help with specs? We offer peer reviews and other custom writing services.
Product Data You Can Count On
SpecGuy’s product data sheets give your A/E clients more confidence in your products. Make your substitution requests successful and your submittals breeze through approval.
Reliable product data, properly presented, is the key to specifications placement and successful substitution requests. SpecGuy’s experience with manufacturer’s product data sheets has shown that 20 percent of the data is inaccurate or out of date. We help you update your testing and present your data with proper technical citations and metric conversions.
- Use your product data sheets to close sales
- Achieve successful substitution requests
- Assemble effective submittals packages
- Support LEED and sustainable design documentation
- Coordinate with your guide specifications
LEED Data Sheets appreciated by designers!
SpecGuy has authored LEED Data Sheets for several of our manufacturer clients. They help take the mystery out of LEED project planning and procurement.
Quality Product Data Sells Products
SpecGuy recently helped a national manufacturer create an updated product data library for their 20 different product categories, with sheet good products, liquid and mastic products, and accessory items. These 130 items contain over 400 citations to ASTM standards and tests. Their product data now complies with their ISO 9001/9002 quality program, with certified test data standing behind each product.
Lunch and Learn Programs with Impact!
SpecGuy’s continuing education programs help you build relationships with design professionals. We are design professionals. We know the questions design professionals ask about your product area. We are experienced writers. We bring visual creativity to your programs to make them unforgettable.
Here’s what SpecGuy will do for you:
- Recommend program subjects and learning objectives
- Align programs with your marketing objectives
- Design program visual content
- Write program content and Speaker’s Notes
- Create handouts and program summary sheets
- Guide AIA/CES approval process and compliance
- Train presentation skills for your representatives
- Update and polish your existing programs
- Adapt programs to web-based distance learning
SpecGuy’s programs go one step further – we’re specifications experts, and our programs reinforce the proper specifying of your products.
See a sample SpecGuy lunch & learn program here…
Contact us about creating a lunch & learn program for you.
Specification Solutions for Superior Results
SpecGuy recommends ARCOM’s SpecAgent information portal and Product MasterSpec for many of our manufacturer clients. SpecGuy is an MasterSpec Strategic Alliance Partner and an authorized MasterSpec trainer.
SpecGuy can provide your organization with exceptional product manufacturer specifications consulting and product data optimization. Contact our offices today at (704) 367-1991 or submit an inquiry via our web form.